Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life Continues...


Hello faithful viewers! Or readers, as the case may be ;). It has been a good amount of time since last I posted and I thought it was about time I updated you on what has been going on in my life...

Well, last month I found out that I am insulin resistant. Yep, more fun medical news for Catherine! At least now I know why I was struggling so much with my weight. Fortunately (I suppose) it's very "mild". I'm on some medication so hopefully with that, exercise and careful eating habits my body will start to function normally again.

I also got a job offer from a new assisted living center in the area. I would have been working three shifts instead of two, at nine dollars an hour instead of $7.25... but I didn't take it. I don't know all the reasons, but I felt anxious about it. I decided to pray and fast about it and felt at peace about not accepting the position so that's what I did. I know I made the right choice and now I just have to hope that eventually something else will come along that I am suppose to take. For now, I am where I'm suppose to be.

My mom and I went to a Girls' Weekend for her side of the family on July 31st/August 1st. It was a blast! We played games and visited and had a baby shower for two of my cousins, both of whom are expecting boys! And then we came back in the evening on the first, just making it to a wedding reception for two very good friends of mine, Kadie and Mark! Congratulations again, you two! I'm so thrilled for you!

For the last week and a half I have been house/cat sitting for a lady in my ward who is away on a cruise. The other day I went upstairs and opened a door in the bathroom that, come to find out, leads into a crawl space. For those of you who don't know, I am afraid of the dark and I definitely don't like dark, unfamiliar places. So what does the cat do? He goes walking out into the crawl space. Stupid cat. I couldn't just leave him in there so of course, I had to carefully maneuver around on the boards up there, terrified of missing one and going through the ceiling. Finally, when I was several boards into the crawl space the cat decided to come back. Thank goodness! So I got out of there right quick and picked him up when he was within reach, slamming the door behind us. I will never open that door again.

And last, but certainly not least! My boyfriend is home! Yay! For those of you who don't know, I started dating a young man from Oregon by the name of Kevin in Spring of 2007. He entered the MTC to begin his service in the Florida Ft. Lauderdale Mission on August 8, 2007. We've written throughout his mission and he is now home in Oregon! He'll be back here for school the beginning of September and I am extremely excited!

And there are my updates! I also went to Yellowstone with Emma and her family a couple weeks ago, and then to the Folk Dance Festival with a couple friends last week and those were both very enjoyable. I definitely recommend seeing both to any who might have the opportunity in the future.

I'll try to be better about doing regular posts, but for now I'm off!




No comments:

Post a Comment