Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Been A While...

It's been longer than I intended since the last time I posted. You haven't missed out on much.

I did finally get a job, which was and is a relief. I work NOC shifts twice a week as a "PSA" (Personal Service Assistant), so I may be looking for a second job in the coming week(s) because two shifts a week at $7.25/hr doesn't exactly pay the bills. Side note: I did not go through a CNA course and accompanying certification exams to start earning minimum wage... NOCs, by the way, are graveyards. I've worked them before so it's not too bad... but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to eventually find a day job.

I took a med. class yesterday for my job. I am now a "UAP," Unlicensed Assistive Personnel. Basically I can pass/assist with meds at my job. Go me. It was a freaking long class. 8:00am to 5:00pm. I was there until 5:30pm. Ick. It's all over now, though, so all I have to do is pass off with our supervising nurse and I'm good to go! I did learn some good stuff about checking medications, though. Lots of attention to detail.

What else is going on... Not much. I finished up one of my two summer courses last week, and will be finishing the other later this week. So next week will probably be the time to continue job searching. If any of you hear of open CNA jobs I'd appreciate the information!

No comments:

Post a Comment