
Hello Everyone! I am extremely excited to announce that this past week I finally received my official certificate for my CNA! Woohoo! I'm a CNA!
I also promised some interesting facts so here we go...
1. 60% of men and 30% of women do not wash their hands after using the bathroom (if any of you are guilty of this... that's just gross)
2. Antibacterial soap is actually no better than regular soap unless you wash your hands for at least two minutes with it.
3. There are three centers of gravity: a) from your ear to your ankle, b) the center of your body (vertically), c) the horizontal midsection.
4. Anti-inflammatory medications (Motrin, etc.) have a protective effect on the brain against Alzheimers, which, they have recently discovered, is an inflammatory disease.
5. Shock-absorbing disks between the vertebrae compress when we stand. As a result we have typically lost an inch by the end of the day and then regain it while we sleep.
So there you have it. Some interesting facts from my CNA course. There's a ton more, but I'll save those for another day.
Congrats on your CNA certificate! That's awesome. You have a very soothing air about you which is a great strength for helping people who are in pain. :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world!
Love Mrs. Ricks
(Wow, I haven't had anyone call me that for awhile now!)