Hello All.
Where do I begin?
I have been so caught up in wedding plans and the multitude of emotions that accompany that occupation. While it is fun and exciting to anticipate your own marriage, I have to admit that I will be relieved when all of the planning and waiting is over. Over the last four to six weeks I have been working just about full-time, I have registered for two bridal registries, picked out desserts for the reception, decided on a cake flavor and design for the wedding cake, tried on my dress and brought it home for alterations, designed and ordered our announcements, stuffed envelopes, made labels for those receiving announcements as well as return address labels and stamped them all. I have learned of still more car repairs to be done on my car before we take our honeymoon to the Oregon coast and am still in the process of attending to those. I have found a place to live, many thanks to my grandparents for that, and have begun moving things in. And there is still a lot to do to prepare for the big day.
On the up side: I have a wonderful fiancee who helps as much as he can while still staying on top of school work and who is so patient with my ever-changing moods. Speaking of which, has any other bride-to-be ever gone through all of these mood swings? Did any of you ever just feel grumpy for no truly good reason? Anyway, Kevin continues to be very patient and understanding through all of this and helps to lighten my mood on a very regular basis. I also have an amazing mother who is helping me every step of the way and who is making my wedding cake. It's going to look, and even more importanly taste, fabulous! And, now that I can work full-time for a while I have the funds to be able to take care of some car repairs while still paying my monthly bills. So there you have it. There's always the silver lining; the good to counteract the bad.
Other than that, I have learned that Converse are very controversial. Who knew?
Let it out sister!! Stress is common in planning a wedding and if you don't have it, well then lucky you! I understand how you feel! I had a few very stressful moments when I got married..."Is my dress altering going to be finished in time? Do we have enough refreshments for the guests? How many are even coming? Is everything going to make it to the reception?" I had lots of worries but everything turned out great. At my reception my Uncle kept trying to turn on the lights and I wanted them dimmed. So we were back and forth with that switch. Finally, Che told him "Hey! THe bride wants them dimmed so step away from the switch!" ha ha. It's your day! I promise it will get stress free and you will just enjoy evey minute of it. Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Amber. I needed to hear that. It's always good to know that you're not alone/not the only one feeling that way. It's also really nice to know that the stress does fizzle out eventually ;D. I'm so excited to see you too! And tell Che way to go on telling your uncle to leave the lights alone. ;)
ReplyDelete