So, funny story I forgot to mention a while ago...
I believe it happened on June 19th. Kevin and I were going to some yard sales, seeing if we could pick up anything for our new apartment for fairly cheap. We decided to stop at a neighbor's sale just around the corner from my house after driving around town for a bit. As we got out of the car I looked for Sis. Dickey because I wanted to visit with her and ask how she and her newborn baby were doing. I had just spotted her when I felt A LOT of pain coming from my right index finger. I turned around and low and behold, I had completely shut my finger in the door! According to Kevin I said something to the effect of "Oh shnikeys, crap, suck!" I quickly opened my door and walked over to Kevin who gave me a hug and asked if I was alright. As I pulled back to say I was okay I looked down and there was blood literally gushing out of my finger. Fortunately blood itself does not make me nauseous. I walked up to the driveway and asked Bro. Dickey if I could borrow his bathroom so I cleaned my cut while he looked for a band-aid. While running water over the cut I started to feel light-headed so I sat down on the toilet seat and wrapped some toilet paper around my finger and put pressure on it. That's when the tears started. They were partially out of embarrassment. I got it under control long enough to talk to Sis. Dickey and find out how she was doing. However, the waterworks continued to rage behind my eyes and it was hard to fight them back so I ended the conversation and let it all out as Kevin and I walked to the car. I drove home (than goodness it was just around the corner, apparently Kevin was pretty nervous). When we pulled in Kevin ordered me to the couch and didn't leave my side. I had gone into shock, but even though I recognized it I couldn't talk my self out of it. So he talked to me and soothed me and eventually my breathing slowed down. A little bit later my dad drove Kevin and I down to Community Care and I was supremely relieve to find out that all I had to do was get a shot and have my finger wrapped up. No stitches! Yay!!! They offered to drill some little holes into my nail to release some pressure, but seeing as how it was already hurting and I hate needles I politely refused.
My cut has healed up quite nicely and my nail is more than half black. It's lovely, I must say.
So there you go! That was my big adventure for the month of June.
No comments:
Post a Comment