Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Beginnings

Since I last posted...


I have started school again. I am pursuing a Bachelors degree in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. I am pairing that with a cluster in Business Psychology and a cluster in HR Management. As with anything in life there are hard days, and after lots of trial and error I get a little uncertain of myself, but this time around something always happens that reaffirms that this is what I'm suppose to be doing. It's been a frustrating road getting here. It has been difficult to watch all my friends move forward, graduate, and start families while I felt like I was drowning--going nowhere. But at long last I have jumped through all the hoops and am back on track.


Kevin's brother, Matt, is getting married in August to his lovely bride-to-be: Esther. We are excited for them and are looking forward to making the trip out to Oregon for that wonderful day.


Kevin is working full-time at Malaleuca right now. They treat him well and it has been a huge blessing in so many ways.


My brother Jacob graduates from high school next week. It's crazy thinking I graduated six years ago. They had their final choir concert last night and I got to go up for the alumni piece: "How Can I Keep From Singing". Jacob came down and stood by me and we ended up being front and center. Jacob and I may have a lot of differences, and I may think he's a butthead a lot of the time, but he's my brother and differences aside, I was proud to stand there next to him on stage last night. It warmed my heart to hear him say "I'm going to stand by my sister" all the way down the risers, pushing through people to stand by me. I will cherish that moment for the rest of my life. Hearing those words meant more than he will ever know.


Kevin's sister, Diane, has made a wonderful CD. She has such a beautiful voice. She is doing a concert in Utah this weekend and we wish so much that we could make it down to support her. Hopefully she knows our hearts are with her.


That's really all I can think so say right now. Or at least that's all I'm willing to share right now. I do still have a lot of posters so if anyone wants one I would be more than happy to sell one to you... ;D But seriously, I'm just happy anyone reads my blog anymore. I hope you are all doing well in your own lives. I'll post again. Soon this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment