Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Has It Really Been A Year Already?

It's really kind of embarrassing that it has taken me this long to do another post. Of course it doesn't help that we don't have internet in our apartment, but still. I apologize to any of you who are still occasionally checking this blog. I'll have to try and do a catch-up post soon, but for now I will start with a few posts about our trip we just took!

Kevin's parents decided almost a year ago that after their youngest, Matt, returned from his mission they wanted to go on a cruise to celebrate the entire family being together again for the first time in four years. They also decided to be incredibly generous and pay for everyone. They chose this last week to go on the cruise, which was very good of them since it fell right on our first anniversary!

We left a couple days early to spend some time in Kevin's home town before we headed up to Seattle to depart on the cruise, which was a lot of fun. I don't have any pictures of that, but I do have a couple
gorgeous pictures I took from the plane right before we had to turn off all electrical devices!














Is that not gorgeous? I thought so.

The next pictures I have are from the trip up to Seattle. Along the way we had a tire pretty much explode. At first we were afraid it was something more serious, but then Matt and Kevin looked under the car and saw a big strip ripped off of the tire. Crazy! Thankfully Kevin's parents had a full-size spare so we made it to the departure on time.














So our second night on the cruise was one of two formal nights for dinner. You know, sometimes it's really fun to dress up all fancy... And then let your hair down when it's all done! ;D













I think I'll leave it at that for now. Next up: Ketchican, Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! Aren't those formal nights the best? Especially afterwards when you get to let your hair down! Love your last pic ha ha! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete