
So I figured it's high time I did another post for my blog. It's been quite a while. Let's see... what can I tell you...
Well, for starters: school is going very well. I am taking two English classes, a Sociology class and a Government class this semester and they're all going well. My Critical Reading and Writing teacher can be very picky/demanding and I have to admit that at first I was getting a little discouraged, but I decided to look at it as a learning experience and that's exactly what it has become. I still have a long way to go, but I am definitely a better writer now than I was when I started. I'm really enjoying it.
Also, for those of you who don't know (which is most of you), I teach one of two Sunbeam classes in my ward. It is so much fun. They're a handful a lot of the time, especially since I have all girls and they love to talk, but they're so cute. It's one of the most rewarding callings, I think. There have been so many times when I think "does anything get through?" and then one of their parents will come up to me and thank me for doing such a good job. What a relief! And it makes it all worth while. That, and they say and do the funniest things! They're so cute and actually much more observant than we give them credit for.
In other, very exciting news! Kevin comes back on April 17th! I'm so excited! He's been gone for 94 days including today and I can't wait to see him again! I have to admit, though, that as crazy as it drives me sometimes to be away from him for long stretches like this, there are some very good things that come out of it. Every time I gain a greater appreciation for him. Being apart from him like this shows me that I love him for much more than just the physical demonstrations of affection. And it teaches me to never take him for granted. Kevin is my best friend and I love him with all my heart. He helps me to relax when I'm tense, laugh when I'm upset, cry when I've trained myself to hold it in and love without fear. And in 24 days I never have to let him go again. THAT is a great feeling.
Glad things are going so well for you. You definitely have a better attitude regarding those "picky" college professors then I did. :P
ReplyDeleteSo did you ever decide what to do about your refreshments? Are you still thinking cheesecake?