Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A "Real World" Smackdown

So this last weekend Kevin and I made a trip to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with his family. It was really fun. It was great seeing his parents and siblings again and a blast meeting his extended family. They're really fun people.

We decided to head back Saturday afternoon and stop off at my grandparents' house for one night so that he could meet some of my extended family that live around there. We made it there without incident, had a good dinner with my grandparents and my uncle and his family. After my uncle and his family left Kevin and I needed to go get some things from WalMart in preparation for Church the next day. We went out and got in my car... and it wouldn't start. At all. We finally had to borrow my grandpa's car, hoping it was just a dead battery (because that's what the picture on my dashboard showed). The next afternoon my grandpa tried to jump start my car to absolutely no avail. We towed it over to a Honda dealer and spent another night at their house hoping for early news on the car. Well, come to find out that my timing belt had broken. We were more than lucky to make it to my grandparents house, if you know what I mean. It took them all day to put in a new "timing belt package" and then the next day (yes, we spent yet another night) they found four bent valves; a result of the broken timing belt.

Needless to say the cost of repairs is not cheap and I am more than a little stressed. But I have faith that it'll all work out somehow. Kevin was a huge support, comfort and distraction during those three days and I am extremely grateful to and for him.

Well, because of the parts they had to order in it wouldn't have been done on Tuesday and we just couldn't miss anymore school so my grandparents were kind enough to drive us back. My car should hopefully be done on Friday and then we'll see what the damage really is. Yay for car ownership!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that stinks!! To put money into your car is such a bummer. Especially when it seems like a small thing and then it's hundreds of dollars. Well good luck with the car!! I'm glad you had fun with your families!

    ReplyDelete